Tuesday, March 25, 2008

PownceFS efforts

I'm trying to get Richard Crowley's PownceFS to work.

I am at the point where I'm asking for help now.

I'm using Ubuntu gutsy. I'm sooo close.

I added svn, python-fuse and python-json as it was complaining about those.

Now I got a permission error. I tried using sudo and got it to run on /mnt withtout the permission error. Now that folder is kind of screwed. I've been using Linux for a while, but this mountpoint stuff is throwing me off.

Here's a sample. Any ubuntu folks have comments?




UPDATE:
All fixed thanks to help from others. Get rid of the "/" and let it create regular folders. And make sure it can access fuse and fusermount.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you are supposed to give it a _new_ mount point. You are giving it a /mnt, surely you already has something there.

Their own example uses mnt, not /mnt, so they create it in the local directory.

Just a thought, anyway.

Kevin Hutson said...

You were right Alex. Thanks. I fixed that and modified the permisions so it could use fuse and fusermount and it works just fine now. This is so cool.