Sunday, March 16, 2008

Great Ideas : AirBed and Breakfast

I had a lot of fun attending barcampnyc3 yesterday. I didn't present after all. Based on what others were doing and the vibe I got I just didn't feel my presentation was of particular interest. Plus, I think I need to come out of my shell a little more. More on barcamp experience later.

As I review my notes I am amazed how many new social sites are out there. This has led me to some other great ideas. Look out.

Here's a great idea. It's called AirBed&Breakfast. It was launched on March 3 and was useful in providing beds for SXSW attendees. I was just talking to the wife about a similar concept last night. I like this concept! I wish I had thought of it first! Check it out. You can do 2 things here. First, you have to create a profile. Then, you can choose to offer up your couch (or airbed) and optionally provide some form of breakfast and maybe even a little welcome to town local information. Going out of town for a conference or something? You can do the same thing. I can see this working for other events. Hmmm. GenCon maybe? Be your own hostel I guess.

My profile

No comments: