Wednesday, June 11, 2008

MyEclipse Quirk

I discovered a really weird UI quirk with MyEclipse today. I updated a thread on the MyEclipse forum for good measure. But, this is the issue:

I've seen this where case where the Add button on the Manage Deployments dialog is grey or greyed out. It's the weirdest thing. This was happening to me on Ubuntu Linux today but I don't think that matters. Also, I'm using MyEclipse 6.x. And, this also happened to a colleague of mine using Windows a few weeks ago. It was maddening and I couldn't figure it out at the time.

It seems that if the current open project doesn't have focus, this occurs. Make sure to click somewhere on your project in your project explorer. Then click the Deploy button again to bring up the Manage Deployments dialog.

So, to re-create this problem click on a closed project on your package explorer then try to deploy. It should be greyed out.

I don't know if this is really a bug as much as it is a UI quirk?

No comments: